We Have A Great Story To Tell.
Members of the media are invited to help us spread the word. Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telling Tales celebrates stories.
- Our vision is to inspire a love of reading and improve literacy in children and youth.
- At Telling Tales our long-term goal is to strengthen and support much needed literacy programs in the Hamilton area and our surrounding communities, all year long.
- Literacy is an essential step in breaking the cycle of poverty.
- With the help of our generous sponsors and the school boards, Telling Tales is able to bring in over hundreds of students and their families from high priority neighbourhoods. These special guests get to spend the day in the country exploring, listening and watching stories come alive. This is the real reason for Telling Tales.
- We are very proud to offer the Festival free to all, so it is accessible to everyone.
- At the Telling Tales Festival children can experience books first hand – authors read from their own books, and costumed actors bring literary and historical characters to life so children can interact with them.
- We firmly believe that reading opens up the door to a world of possibilities and opportunities.
- Telling Tales is helping to put books in the hands of kids that need it most.
- The Telling Tales Festival is now recognized as Canada’s most important children’s literary festival.
- Telling Tales has been recognized provincially as one of Ontario’s Top 100 Festivals since 2012.
- We proudly promote local and Canadian authors and illustrators.